This one had issues with the jack. Crappy solder joints and bare shielded output wire. The contacts were cleaned up and heat shrink added to isolate the output wire’s shield. A locking washer was also added so that the jack won’t loosen up so easily.

Same issue as with the Strat. No bare shield output wire though. Locking and flat washers were placed backwards!

I had worked on this one before. The issue being the switch where the plastic bell cap that pushes the contacts had come out getting stuck and making it hard to switch. I had also cleaned up the wiring. Now the issue was the switch again but this time the signal would cut out. I cleaned the contacts and redid the wiring once again but it wouldn’t stop cutting out so I ended up replacing the switch for a new one.

New one in place and old one out. Done!

Advertisements