OK, this is and old one. Signal would cut out and the compressor/phaser onboard wouldn’t work correctly. The Compressor would fade away and the phaser wouldn’t even come on.

Here’s the reason why the signal would cut out. The star ground at the jack was being held by a piece of guitar string which wasn’t soldered correctly. That was replaced with another jumper.

The effects on board was an easy fix. It turned out the battery was completely drained. Not only that, but since the original wiring has both effects on all the time(even if the signal doesn’t go through them), a new battery still drains pretty fast. I used an 1Spot power supply to check both effects and they work fine. This could have been fixed easily, but the owner did not want to mess with the original wiring.

The effect boards inside some type of epoxy blocks.

Advertisements