Another old repair. The switch on this one wouldn’t always work. The neck pickups wouldn’t put any output at all sometimes. This one had GFS Dream 90 pickups already, but the owner wanted something with more grit and a bit more output in the bridge so we installed another GFS, but this time a Mean 90. I took the chance to measure resistance on the neck pickups and it turned out to be fine. I checked the switch after pickup change. The contacts were fine so I cleaned it up and retouched the solder joints. That did the trick and it came out working/sounding pretty good!

Dream 90s

In process…

New Mean 90.

Dirty switch before clean up and retouching of the solder joints.

And done!

Advertisements